Named for George Edward Platt (1861-1936), one of L.A.’s most successful dairy producers. In 1902, he partnered with Lynwood dairyman Charles H. Sessions (1850-1936) on a new company called Belle Vernon Farms. Although it was headquartered at 8th and Maple in DTLA, much of Belle Vernon’s milk was carted up from Sessions’s existing dairy down here. Sessions sold the ranch in 1905; it was subdivided eight years later, which is when both Platt Avenue and Sessions Street were named. What happened to Sessions Street? It was absorbed by California Avenue in 1929. See Platt Avenue in West Hills for more on George Platt.