Boyar Avenue

Named in 1949 for and by developer Mark Boyar (1901-1975), who laid out the Jacmar Orchards tract that year with Jack J. Tilley (1911-1971). “Jacmar” comes from “Jack” and “Mark”: see Jacmar Avenue for more about the two men. There was also a Tilley Avenue here, but it became part of Strub┬áin 1966. Boyar and Tilley additionally named Watson and Lucia avenues on their tract; Watson is almost certainly for Jacmar sales agent Roy E. Watson but the inspiration for Lucia is unknown.