Named in 1906 on the La Prada Park subdivision, owned by James Shelly Green (1870-1946), a recent transplant from Pottsville, PA. La prada doesn’t mean anything in Spanish, so maybe Green – and/or his sales agent Mira MacKay – actually meant el prado: “the meadow”. (The fashion brand Prada was founded in Milan in 1913 by Mario Prada, so this street predates that!) La Prada’s unusual width was intentional, with no plans for streetcar tracks up the middle: La Prada Park’s earliest ads touted its 100 foot wide “boulevard” with “beautiful bearing orange trees” along its median. Likewise, Green never considered an identifier such as “Avenue” or “Court”. This street was always La Prada, period.