Lucretia Avenue

This former fragment of Effie Street took its current name in 1904. The person behind the change was almost certainly Elizabeth Morton Scott (1840-1913), who lived close by and owned a tract in this neighborhood. Her mother was Lucretia Galbreath, née Wilson (1810-1865), and her sister was Lucretia A. Duke (1849-1907), so the street would have been named for one or both of these family members.