The Vincents were a farming family originally from Kenosha, WI. Lewis Gilbert Vincent (1846-1908), Mary E. Vincent (1850-1923), and their four kids came to the Covina/Azusa area in 1887 after a few years in Wheeler, NE. Once settled, they maintained a large orange grove near present-day Vincent Avenue (named by 1908, possibly to honor the recently deceased Lewis) and San Bernardino Road. At least some of that acreage was still owned by the Vincents in 1946 when Archie – Lewis and Mary’s last surviving child – passed away. With at least a dozen grandchildren and who knows how many great-grandchildren, it’s unknown how long the descendants hung on to the land. There sure aren’t any orange groves here now.