The Zittos were a Sicilian immigrant family who first settled in Boyle Heights between 1890 and 1900. Old census takers were iffy on the Italian spelling, but the parents were probably named Natale and Luisa, both born around 1850. The family had relocated to Tujunga by 1920, if not earlier, and sons Victor (1884-1975) and John (1887-1942) operated one of the last vineyards in this area. Zitto Lane was named in 1926. The next generation of Zittos, first cousins Harry (1907-1989) and Nat (1907-1981), each ran his own service station on Foothill Boulevard – Harry’s, in fact, was just down the hill from Zitto Lane. He later managed the Saugus branch of Patio Pizza, a small local chain that disappeared after 1977.