Adobe Avenue

Named for an 1845 adobe first built by Casilda Soto de Lobo (1799 – c. 1853) when she owned the Rancho la Merced, located here. The adobe was expanded by Juan Matias Sanchez (1808-1885) after he took part ownership of the ranch in 1851. It eventually wound up in the hands of the Scott family, who donated it to the City of Montebello in 1972. It is the oldest structure in the city.