This street’s original 1906 name was Frostless Belt Road. At the time, “frostless belt” was a term frequently employed by real estate agents who were promoting Hollywood to tropical and citrus fruit orchardists. (This was still a semi-rural area back then.) It was renamed in 1912 at the request of Rev. Sherman Tecumseh Westhafer (1865-1952), a Methodist minister who had recently moved to the street after preaching in such far-flung locales as Chattanooga and Buffalo. It’s unknown if Westhafer was familiar with Chula Vista, CA, which had incorporated the year before, or if he simply understood that chula vista was Spanish for “pretty view”.