Some say this cul-de-sac was named (in 1957) for the Marx Brothers. Close, but no cigar: it’s for the Mark Brothers. The Chicago-born Leonard Gayle Mark (1917-1999) and Melvin Mayer “Mel” Mark (1914-1991) came to L.A. with their family in the 1920s, after a few years in Omaha. Their father Abraham served here as a city health commissioner before getting into real estate. After Melvin spent some time working at movie studios, the brothers followed dad’s lead and established themselves as the Marbro Development Company, which built and sold numerous properties from the 1950s through the 1970s, mostly in the San Fernando Valley. There were two other brothers: Henry Mark was killed in action during WWII and Richard Mark was an attorney.