Named for Arcadia Bandini de Baker (1827-1912), once the richest woman in the Southland, who had owned up to 8,000 acres right here on the former Rancho San Antonio. (For more on her, see Arcadia Street.) Her maiden name “Bandini” graced this neighborhood by 1907. When oil interests came to the area in 1920, one drilling company dubbed itself Bandini Petroleum. Bandini Boulevard itself was named in 1924 when the Bandini Syndicate opened up their Bandini industrial tract. None of these Bandini-themed companies had any ties to Arcadia Bandini or her family.