Huntington Boulevard was named in 1906 on an eponymous tract owned by realtor Morris H. Wilson, among others. Wilson was a crony of Henry E. Huntington (1857-1920), the railroad tycoon who came to Los Angeles in 1901 and established the famous Pacific Electric Railway (the “Red Cars”); Wilson was tasked by Huntington to secure a right-of-way for the Pacific Electric into Pomona and wound up snapping up some 100 acres here, which he developed around the forthcoming Pacific Electric tracks. Of course the Red Cars vanished decades ago, so their old right-of-way down Huntington Blvd. is now a wide grassy median. South of Holt, the road was called Monrovia Street until 1930, when it was changed to Huntington Street. The southernmost portion of Huntington Street was known as Santa Barbara Street until that same year.